Friday, November 9, 2007

Ring of Light of Death Revisited

I mentioned my Xbox woes in a previous blog post. After 2 years of faithful service, my roommate's Xbox 360 has encountered the same blinking red lights as mine did. Somehow we went from a situation where we were supposed to have 2 Xbox 360s to a situation where we have none.

The odds of two failing within a couple weeks of each other seem slim, right? It seems like there must be something wrong with what we are doing... But his lasted for 2 years... But wait! Then I remember that everyone at UPS knows the box and Microsoft has lost over $1 billion in repairing the consoles.

Anyway, we'll be Xboxless for 2 weeks or so. Guess it's time to be social... with someone who has an Xbox.

2 comments:

David said...

My roommate tells me that two of his coworkers along with a friend of his coworker have all been having the same problem. That's three other people in addition to us two currently dealing with it. Along with the person who I saw in the UPS store. And the true icing on the cake: the demo unit at Target was flashing those same red lights.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.