Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Oh don't mind that, it's just my bulging tricep

Those who know me know that I enjoy playing a few songs on Guitar Hero now and again. So after a 4 day hiatus, including a vacation to California, MackAck invited me to play a few songs. But I couldn't. I was terrible. I tried to "5-star" Aerosmith's "Same Old Song and Dance" but to no avail. Had I lost my touch? Granted, I'm not the best fake guitar player out there (2741st the last time I checked) but this is something that should have been within my reach.

It wasn't until the next day that I figured out what the problem was. My fingering dexterity had been jeopardized by a workout session in California. We went to the gym, and I worked my triceps. They were sore for days. The next day I woke up and played the same song before class and got 5 stars on the first try. Whew... still got it.

Those who know that I enjoy Guitar Hero most likely also know that I don't work out regularly. It's a habit I need to acquire... if only I didn't hate it so much. Here I am, faced with the dilemma. The more I work out, the worse I am at Guitar Hero. It's yet another embodiment of the principle of jocks vs. nerds. Which side should I choose?